What's the book all about?
Don’t Make Beats Like Me was written for one purpose: to be a guide and give a competitive advantage to any music producers serious about creating long-term success in the music industry.
Chris shares wisdom from his own experiences as a beatmaker, the director of a music production community, and a senior member of a music licensing company. Several Grammy-winning, Platinum-plus producers also give testimonies about their own journeys to success through in-depth interviews. Together, these perspectives give music producers a 360-degree view of what it really takes to create success in music production.
Unbelievable changes have taken place in music production. Social media removed the gatekeepers. Technology leveled the playing field. This book is a response to these developments and the secret weapon in your regimen as you seek success.
This the bible of music production, no matter your skill or genre. If you’re a novice, it’s the first thing you buy after getting your equipment. If you’re experienced, it’ll take you to the next level. If you’re a vet, it’ll help you sustain success. Don’t Make Beats Like Me will be critical to helping you become an exceptional producer.
Who this book will be for...
- Anyone who recognizes the incredible power of books and knowledge
- Anyone who knows that they are the most important piece of equipment in their studio
- Anyone who wants to become legendary
Who this book won't be for...
- Anyone who thinks reading is a waste of their damn time
- Anyone who doesn't understand how truly challenging it is to become the next Pharrell, Dre, Timbaland, Dr. Luke, or Quincy Jones
- Anyone who would rather figure out on their own
- Anyone who thinks 13.99 is too much to spend on knowledge. That's the cost of a good drink, fam
- Anyone who thinks that they'll magically wake up and be the next Mike Will